Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wisconsin WInterland

Hey y'all,

Well, we've been back in Wisconsin for--what?--five months now. Really? Well, it'll be five at the end of the month. We are so pleased to be in one place. Can you imagine that we've been in five places in about the same amount of months. If it wasn't for those of you that have helped us, I just don't know...

We've moved back into our commercial building in Stevens Point. Why didn't we do that right away you ask? It wasn't suitable for a residence so we found a contractor to make it one. 8-) NOW when we have to run away from something we at least have a place to do it! I'm sure it's hard to understand why this took this so long. Consider combining the five stages of grief with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs: I was in denial that we were at the survival stage (snare drum please!). Finally, I think we both feel safe. I doubt that I said this out loud before, but I was very afraid what the stress of such catastrophic event would do to an elderly person. Thanks to you, I played it safe and didn't try to overdo it, such as too much moving all at one time, too much hype
or too much trying to get back to LA. To be sure, I didn't expect this all this change. I thought that we'd spend a week in Chicago, maybe a month away. And now all of that has changed for so many people.

1 comment:

holly said...

susan, what is the address?
you can write to me on email or check out my ramblings, the ones everyone has been waiting for.
www.heartcrash.blogspot.com