Thursday, February 09, 2006

New Orleans Redux

This is a quick note while I am in New Orleans. The weather is great, but everything else is still a struggle. We went to Biloxi yesterday to see what we could. If you weren't familiar with it, you'd assume it was just a remote, uninhabited place. Everything is gone. There is so much that needs to be done down here and I"m not sure that these people can help themselves. There are still so many of the walking wounded. I visited a friend's flooded home yesterday. They have sort of emotionally and mentally "shut down" have not done dealt with renovations yet. It's so overwhelming that I'm sure that they don't know where to start.


I'm staying in Algiers Point with another friend. I've never really explored that neighborhood and didn't realize how lovely it is. The houses are sooooo pretty. I wish I could transplant this place to somewhere safe.

No comments: