Monday, June 15, 2009

Classroom mgt: Challenge to the gods

When you read a book by a guy named Harry Wong, a guy that often makes teachers squeal with delight, and he tells you the most important thing is classroom mgt, you either take him seriously immediately or you find out later that you should have taken him seriously.

As my first year and fifth career, teaching seemed like a dream job, good for my ego and a good way to help enrich the next few generations. Little did I know that it would all come down to classroom management. To paraphrase Dr Wong, it doesn't matter how smart, pretty, clever, interesting, or wealthy you are if you don't have classroom mgt.

Over the next month, I will impart how I failed in classroom mgt, how I wasn't as bad as I thought I was, and ways to get better. And the most important answer to what is classroom management. It meant something completely different to me 18 mos ago than it does today.

peace,

No comments: