Friday, September 02, 2005

Things to consider

We were very lucky. We made it out 24 hours before Katrina hit. Unfortunately, we made it out with about 4 days of clothes, provisions, etc. The media and the city, parish, state ALWAYS tell you to take enough for 4 days. I brought my travel case in fact. We left everything else, from the beautiful marble tables of my grandmother to a brand new TV. Thank God I just had my contact perscription renewed!

Please consider calling my mom, she feels disenfranchised and loves to talk! This would be the biggest gift to me!

Seriously, whatever you can think of is greatly appreciated. If we can't use it, I'd guess my coworker and his extended family (about 10 people) could. Big Cute clothes appreciated. 8-) Please gather up and I will let you know how to proceed.

I worked 1-2 blocks away from the Convention Center. I ate lunch at the Riverwalk. It's now filled with people sufferering, hot and without dignity, dieing, rotting. my thoughts, my prayers are with the city of NOLA.

No comments: